This is the project's idea hub. Smaller tasks are listed as GitHub Issues.
Like with most side projects, the idea for this project came from my own desire to have a single place to see all my relevant data. For example, I'm working with a todo manager, checking my calendar events or looking up the weather forecast. I also like to monitor stuff.
My personal goal is to have a dashboard with all the integrations I find useful to myself, but also create widgets other people might need. I also like to challenge myself technically with topics that I'm not familiar with.
This project is neither meant as a startup, nor do I have any plans to monetize it, yet. It might change in the future, but the project will remain open-source forever.
# Features and improvements
# Custom background image
A user test has shown that users like using a custom background image to personalize the board. It should be possible to both select an external URL and upload an image. A predefined selection of some images (or even patterns) would be nice.
# Redesign widget drawer
The current widget drawer is not practical. Here are some ideas:
- Widget search/filter to quickly find a widget.
- Widget description should be added, because the name alone might not tell the user what the widget does.
- Add a link to the documentation page for even more information.
- It's probably a good idea to use the new Drag from outside feature for simply Drag&Dropping new widgets onto the board.
- With more and more widgets, the categories should be reworked as well.
- Maybe highlight "most used" widgets.
# Multiboard support
Currently, only one fixed board can be used. Adding more boards to be able to switch between multiple views would be great. Automatically switching between the boards after x seconds might be a nice addition.
# Accounts support
All data is being stored on the user's device. This is really nice from privacy perspective, but inconvenient for syncing between devices.
# Widget ideas
Here's a list of rough widget ideas and integrations. They may or may not be implemented in the future.
- Tasks, Todo list
- 3rd Party (Todoist, Trello, GitHub Issues, ...)
- Calendar, Next events
- Weather forecast
- Pomodoro Timer
- Time tracking
- Bookmarks, Static Marks
- Random image
- As a standalone widget or as part of the existing Image widget
- Unsplash API
- YouTube, Vimeo, ...
- This widget should be interchangeable with the Website widget. Something like Iframely could be used to get the Iframe URL for any URL.
- They should support any (external) data source and a simple way to define a data:graph mapping.
- Soundboard, Background Sounds (Noisli, MyNoise)
- Quote (daily or slideshow)
- RSS Feeds
- Daily tips
- "Chemical Element of the day" already exists
- More integrations from Tip of the Day
- IMDB movie tips
- Server Administration
- Status Page, Uptime
- GoAccess statistics
- PM2 status
- GitHub / GitLab integration
- NPM statistics
- YouTube Statistics
- GoodReads API
- e.g. reading progress, library size
- Plex intergration
- Whiteboard (for drawing)
- Currencies exchange rate
- Stock Trading
- Man pages
- Launchpad (Music Pad)
- Advent calendar
- Place 24 widgets with different hidden goodies (links, images, ...).
- Conway's Game of Life
- Mini Games
- Cookie Clicker
Many more integrations ideas can be found in other products, e.g.: