This is the project's idea hub. Smaller tasks are listed as GitHub Issues.
Like with most side projects, the idea for this project came from my own desire to have a single place to see all my relevant data. For example, I'm working with a todo manager, checking my calendar events or looking up the weather forecast. I also like to monitor stuff.
My personal goal is to have a dashboard with all the integrations I find useful to myself, but also create widgets other people might need. I also like to challenge myself technically with topics that I'm not familiar with.
This project is neither meant as a startup, nor do I have any plans to monetize it, yet. It might change in the future, but the project will remain open-source forever.
Features and improvements
Currently, only one fixed board can be used. Adding more boards to be able to switch between multiple views would be great. Automatically switching between the boards after x seconds might be a nice addition.
All data is being stored on the user's device. This is really nice from privacy perspective, but inconvenient for syncing between devices.
Custom widget color
Changing the (background) color of each widget would be a nice personalization feature. Either the UI offers a selection of colors, or any possible color is allowed (color picker). The second solution requires a good foreground color handling to ensure a sufficient contrast ratio.
Here's a list of rough widget ideas and integrations. They may or may not be implemented in the future.
- Tasks, Todo list
- 3rd Party (Todoist, Trello, GitHub Issues, ...)
- Calendar, Next events
- Pomodoro Timer
- Time tracking
- Bookmarks, Static Marks
- YouTube, Vimeo, ...
- This widget should be interchangeable with the Website widget. Something like Iframely could be used to get the Iframe URL for any URL.
- Soundboard, Background Sounds (Noisli, MyNoise)
- Quote (daily or slideshow)
- RSS Feeds
- Daily tips
- "Chemical Element of the day" already exists
- More integrations from Tip of the Day
- IMDB movie tips
- Server Administration
- Status Page, Uptime
- Status Page for external services
- PM2 status
- GitHub / GitLab integration
- NPM statistics
- Instagram statistics
- Mastodon statistics (example)
- StackExchange statistics
- GoodReads API
- e.g. reading progress, library size
- NomadList information
- Plex intergration
- Whiteboard (for drawing)
- Currencies exchange rate
- Stock Trading
- Man pages
- Launchpad (Music Pad)
- Advent calendar
- Place 24 widgets with different hidden goodies (links, images, ...).
- Conway's Game of Life
- Bonsai simulation
- Mini Games
- Cookie Clicker
- Current IP address
- IMDB Watchlist/Rated list
- CI dashboard
Many more integrations ideas can be found in other products, e.g.: