The goal of this project is a fully customizable and extendable dashboard, with modules like clock, weather, todo tasks, bookmarks, calendar, etc. The user should be able to view all important information on a single page.
- Create a browser start page with some common widgets.
- Create public information displays.
- Display company-related information on TVs around the office.
- Display marketing information at an exhibition stand.
- Brainstorm ideas using notes and images.
- Monitor systems to ensure their availability and efficiency.
- Visualize your Internet of Things (IoT) devices.
Usually, I wait for a MVP before releasing a project. This project is being developed in public from Day 1. I document my progress and (knowledge) insights in the blog, while the changelog describes the actual project features.
The current state of the project is available at dashboard.darekkay.com.
Why build yet another dashboard app?
Most popular apps are neither open-source nor customizable to a degree I'd like it to be. Additionally, most open-source projects seem to be outdated.
A new project is also a great opportunity to learn new concepts.
- ☑ Themes support. Because noone will bat an eye without a Dark Mode™.
- ☑ Multi-language support (English and German already provided).
All available widgets and widget ideas are listed here.
View the development documentation for more information.
This project and its contents are open source under the MIT license.